Warning to HymIS members

all other things, problems, hints, suggestions etc. / Sontiges, Probleme, Hinweise, Vorschläge etc.

Warning to HymIS members

Postby empeejay on 07 Mar 2017, 17:43

This is a warning to members of this forum about editing account settings.

I attempted to change my email address about a month ago and as a result was locked out of the forum. When I tried to log in, I got a message saying "The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator." However, no information was given about how to contact an administrator.

Over the next few weeks I sent emails and reminders to the following addresses, all with no response: -
christian(@)bembix.de
christian(@)ampulex.de
schmid-egger(@)gmx.de
christian(@)schmid-egger.de
kroupa(@)plants.de

I also tried to register under a different username but not surprisingly, the account wasn't activated.

In the end, I tracked down an email address for the other administrator, who is no longer active here. He responded the next day to say he had now activated a number of accounts, including mine.

So unfortunately, as things stand, it's probably almost impossible for new members to get an activated account and existing members should be wary of changing their account details.
empeejay

Return to miscellaneous/ sonstiges