A second small species from Flitwick Moor Dec 2015

A second small species from Flitwick Moor Dec 2015

Postby mycologistman on 08 Dec 2015, 13:55

As indicated in my previous posting on 3 December I visited Flitwick Moor in Bedfordshire , England with a friend. This is a well studied nature reserve yet despite the time of year we added to new species for the County (1 fly and a hopper [Auchenorrhyncha]). We also beat three small Hymenoptera from Ivy that looked interesting. Each was between 3 and 4mm long. Although I think identification from the images is very unlikely I will post all three here in the hope that someone might be able to guide us to the correct groups. This is the second, perhaps a hyperparasite of a gall wasp. I do have the specimens of each of these.

Many thanks as always

Alan
Attachments
FM15Hym2c.jpg
FM15Hym2b.jpg
FM15Hym2a.jpg
mycologistman

Re: A second small species from Flitwick Moor Dec 2015

Postby chalcidbear on 08 Dec 2015, 18:07

This belongs to the superfamily Ichneumonoidea, but due to the glare on the wings which obscures the venation, I can't tell if it is an Ichneumonidae or a Braconidae. You may wish to repost this image on the Ichneumonoidea board, where you are more likely to get a good ID. Some ichneumonids can be hyperparasitic, but almost no braconids are, at least in Britain.
chalcidbear

registration check: HymIS

Re: A second small species from Flitwick Moor Dec 2015

Postby mycologistman on 09 Dec 2015, 01:09

Many thanks Chalcidbear. This was a very lively and difficult individual to photograph but I will repost as an Ichneumon and bearing in mind your comments on specimen 3.

Best wishes

Alan
mycologistman

Return to others or unknown / sonstige oder unbekannt