little wasp in baltic amber

little wasp in baltic amber

Postby Lothar Michael on 25 May 2013, 19:44

Hi,

i registered here hopefully to find someone to tell me little more about my little wasp found in baltic amber. She is 1,2 mm long and i wonder if there is some recent animal comparable to it.?

"The image must be at least 0 pixels wide, 0 pixels high and at most 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels high. The submitted image is 561 pixels wide and 1000 pixels high." grr.. see you later ! Will turn it 90 degrees. :mrgreen:
Lothar Michael

registration check: Michael

Re: little wasp in baltic amber

Postby Lothar Michael on 25 May 2013, 20:02

Here i am back, sorry strange behavior of uploading sizes. This fotos normaly to be looked at vertical. Is there a logical reason for this matter? Sorry, almost more interesting than the wasp.
But anyway i would be glad, if there would be the possibillity to identifie the kritter.

thanks and Greetings from southeast Bavarya

Lothar

hymis3.jpg

hymis1.jpg

hymis2.jpg
Lothar Michael

Postby Alex on 26 May 2013, 19:07

I would guess at Cynipoidea maybe?

Would you be able to get some photographs of the ving venation? It would be of great help
Alex

Postby Lothar Michael on 27 May 2013, 19:44

Hi Alex,

thank you for taking a look.The wings i could barely see from the backside. But the amber ist dirty from that side, so the wings are almost invisible from there. I will take a close look as soon the piece comes to my hand again.

Greetings

Lothar
Lothar Michael

Return to others or unknown / sonstige oder unbekannt