Pteromalidae

Pteromalidae

Postby Astava on 04 Feb 2018, 01:25

Hi, I`m stuck on this pteromalid wasp (Norway). Does anyone recognize it? I try to key it out in Boucek&Rasplus, but get stuck somewhere far out.
Thanks for any effort.

Best regards,
ArnsteinS

1-6.jpg
Dorsal

2-6.jpg
Lateral
Astava

registration check: HymIS

Re: Pteromalidae

Postby Vago Jean-Luc on 05 Feb 2018, 21:03

Oxysychus antenne.jpg
Antennae of my specimen
Your specimen belongs to the Pteromalid genus Oxysychus Delucchi 1956, with species mainly in Mediterranean countries in Europe. The mains characters visible on yours pictures are antennae with three anelli, head and thorax with extensively pilosity, the hairs white, cheeks above the base of the mandibles with an acute margin, propodeum reticulate, flat or weakly convex between the stigmatic orifices, the plicae weakly indicated. Another feature of the genus, not visible on yours pictures, is the clava with strongly oblique sutures. Some years ago I capture in the French Ardennes a specimen which seem of the same species than your and it is very probable that the correct name for these is Oxysychus pilosulus (Thomson, 1878), described from Sweden and also know from Netherland (Gijswijt, 2003), Germany (Vidal, 2001) and Czech Republic (Kalina, 1989). However, the species of the genus are little known in Europe and the genus need revision.
Vago Jean-Luc

Re: Pteromalidae

Postby Astava on 11 Feb 2018, 23:19

Thank you very much for your reply, @Vago Jean-Luc! My specimen will be available for someone to revise the genus :)
Bet regards,
Arnsteins

Another picture of frons.

1-10.jpg
Astava

Return to Chalcidoidea and others small parasitic families / Erzwespen und andere