Pteromalid?

Pteromalid?

Postby Astava on 25 Jan 2018, 16:00

I hope someone is able to help me with this one. I thought this one was a pteromlaid, but could it be Eulophid?
Collected in south of Norway.

Best regards,
ArnsteinS

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
Astava

registration check: HymIS

Re: Pteromalid?

Postby chalcidbear on 25 Jan 2018, 17:44

This is a tough one for me. It is not a eulophid, and glancing at the wing venation, I would call it a pteromalid. However, the petiole + metasoma look a lot like those of a Perilampidae, as does the antennal segments (the hind coxa + antenna also look like some torymids). But pteromalids have a wide variety of body shapes and antennal configurations, so the odds are it does indeed belong to that family ... but I can't be 100% sure.
chalcidbear

Postby Astava on 25 Jan 2018, 19:35

Thank you very much, @chalcidbear, for putting me back on the track. I’m pretty convinced this is a Chrysolampus, based on images in this paper: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Ch ... TRA&_iepl=

Thanks!
-ArnsteinS
Astava

Postby chalcidbear on 26 Jan 2018, 17:34

I'm still bothered by the relatively long postmarginal vein on your specimen. These veins typically are quite short in Perilampidae (for example, in the paper you cited by Darling, the PMV is at most 1/3 the length of the marginal vein). So I'm not convinced ... but then I'm no expert in either group, especially the Palearctic fauna. However, my understanding is that the Chrysolampinae is considered by some to be better placed under Pteromalidae than the Perilampidae (where they typically are placed), so it seems you are in the right ballpark, at least.
chalcidbear

Return to Chalcidoidea and others small parasitic families / Erzwespen und andere