Slim Ichneumonidae => Echthrus reluctator M

Slim Ichneumonidae => Echthrus reluctator M

Postby 1KristianS on 05 Mar 2017, 14:47

About 13mm from front of face. Catched in South of Norway in mid september. Possible to id?
Attachments
d6.jpg
d5.jpg
d4.jpg
d3.jpg
d2.jpg
d7.jpg
Last edited by 1KristianS on 06 Mar 2017, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.
1KristianS

registration check: HymIs

Re: Slim Ichneumonidae

Postby 1KristianS on 05 Mar 2017, 14:49

More
Attachments
d8.jpg
d11.jpg
d10.jpg
d9.jpg
d1.jpg
1KristianS

Re: Slim Ichneumonidae

Postby Gunnar on 05 Mar 2017, 17:50

May be male Echthrus reluctator or somwhere near in Cryptinae, Hemigasterini?

Just some more research, and I think it must be Echthrus. Only reluctator known to Norway.

Echthrus: Spiracle of tergite 1 at the mid-length. Nervellus inercepted usually above the middle. Clypeus usually with a median apical tooth. Front tibia of female strongly inflated (but not in male). Propodeum is very similar to the drawing in Townes (Genera of Ichneumonidae part 2).

I attach the drawing of Echthrus reluctator (female) from Townes. The male has more elongate gaster, with longer tergites.
It seems to be a rather common species. The females are easily identified due to their strongly inflated front tibia. It is reported with foto many times in the Swedish Artportalen (but only the females with foto).

You have the best pictures ever published of male Echthrus reluctator, Per Kristian. It is a pity that they are not searchable on google!
Den er nærmest kjent fra Vasser, Tjøme i Vestfold, så den er ikke en gang ny for ditt fylke.
Fint om du endrer navnet på overskriften når du får identifisert ichneumonidene dine. Det burde flere gjøre.
Attachments
Echthrus reluctator tegning Townes.jpg
Gunnar

Re: Slim Ichneumonidae => Echthrus reluctator M

Postby 1KristianS on 06 Mar 2017, 09:57

Thanks Gunnar! It is a bit strange so few males are recorded. I checked the BOLD systems database also, and it seems like there are very few males there too.

http://www.boldsystems.org/index.php/Ta ... xid=213703

As we see in certain species of coleoptera, maybe the males are more rare than females?

Denne fant jeg i Grimstad, Aust-Agder, så kanskje den er ny for AA. Har lagt til artsnavn i overskriftene.
1KristianS

Re: Slim Ichneumonidae => Echthrus reluctator M

Postby Gunnar on 06 Mar 2017, 10:31

Echthrus reluctator is a variable species, both in size and colour. It is not impossible that a revision will show that there are more than one species. In Taxapad I find a few Echthrus (longicornis, breviformis, cryptiformis) with uncertain status from Germany, Poland and Hungary.

From what I have seen in literature Echtrus reluctator is known from VE, Tjøme, Vasser, HOY, Bergen, HOI, Kvinnherad and Ullensvang (first found in 1941). No records in Artskart.
Gunnar

Return to Ichneumonoidea / Schlupf- und Brackwespen